The Power of Voice
Paraverbal use of the Voice
Voice affects more than one third of the impact of speech. Learning to use it to create “turmoil” in the speech and point out key points or to “slip” uncomfortable details is paramount.
While speaking is the most commonly used medium of communication it is often the most misleading one. When we communicate, our voice is the medium through which we expose the analogical message of our speech: our emotions. When words and emotions are not in line, speaking becomes a dangerous tool. Knowing how to manage and direct your voice tone, volume, timbre and rhythm (as well as pauses), makes you effective and credible, in a few words: a leader.
Use voice as a tool
- The importance of the verbal word change the tone, volume and timbre following a goal
- The communication pyramid
The character and voice
- Voice Charsima®: the method
- To choose the most useful way to speak to the character that is interpreted and made congruent
- The circle of emotions
- The choice of emotions to be transmitted
- Emphasize the “key” words
- Give emphasis to speech
- Voice and Influence: voice as an analogy of persuasion and control
- Practical exercises for each point mentioned above
There are no specific requisites to participate to this course. However, some experience in public lectures may help.
This course lasts four hours and consists of two 110-minute sessions each.
The course can be held either in English or in Italian language, depending on the needs of the participants.
- All’atto dell’iscrizione è necessario versare un acconto di €100,00 che non sarà rimborsato in caso di cancellazione oppure di mancata partecipazione al corso.
- Il prezzo è da intendersi IVA inclusa.